Happy New Year!! Instead of writing my normal resolution this year I put together writing goals for 2014. I sat down with a fellow writer and we compiled a list of 14 things we want to accomplish in our writing careers before 2015 arrives.
1. Finish a novel before 2015
2. Learn to write a query letter and a synopsis- for when the novel is done
3. Learn how to outline a novel
4. Find out who I am as a writer- what exactly is it that I write…what genre
5. Write a weekly ok let’s say monthly blog- 50-200 words on a picture we’ve picked out.
6. Re-write my bio- Both a 50 word and a 100 word
7. Get organized & have a clean writing space
8. Manage my time better- less day dreaming…more writing!
9. Find a meeting place for our writing group
10. Write 5 new short stories – any subject-must be NEW ideas 2,000-6,000 words
11. Read 1 book per month – unread ones stacked and waiting!
12. Enter 2 writing contests- can use any story
13. Believe in myself as a writer- OMG this one is tough… doubting is easier.
14. Attend a writing class, workshop or conference.
Looking over the list I wonder…WHAT THE HECK WERE WE THINKING?
So that’s what we came up with…now to get busy and start doing.